DATA PROTECTION POLICY OF MAMMUT SPORTS GROUP AG
(Valid from: 21 July 2017)
Mammut Sports Group AG takes data protection issues very seriously and collects, processes and uses your personal data exclusively in accordance with the principles described below, taking into account the applicable data protection laws.
A. Responsible body
- The body responsible for operating the Mammut website (hereinafter called the "Website") and the Mammut Online Shop (hereinafter called the "Online Shop"), as well as for collecting, processing and using your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection provisions is Mammut Sports Group AG, of Birren 5, 5703 Seon, Switzerland.
B. Collection and storage of personal data
- The term "personal data" refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable physical person. This includes, for example, your name, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address.
- Personal data, as defined in the applicable data protection provisions, also include information concerning your use of the Website, which are collected, processed, stored and used by our Web servers to enable the provision and optimisation of our Website and ensure system security and for statistical purposes (the "User Data"). These include, inter alia, the con-nection data of the requesting computer (IP address), the pages that you visit on our Website, the date and length of your visit, the identification data of the type of browser and operating system used, the website from which you visit us, the content of your shopping cart in case of a potential purchase and the length of time until the order is placed. We do not utilise User Data to determine your identity, nor do we combine them with other personal data stored by us.
- Apart from the User Data described in para. (2) above, we will only collect personal data if you voluntarily share them with us. The following data, in particular, are collected when you place an order or open a customer account: title, name, postal address, e-mail address. Payment information, such as your bank details or credit card number, is also collected when you place an order.
- You have the option to update the data in your customer account anytime und to add further details (e.g. your telephone number or date of birth) on a voluntary basis.
- The personal data shared by you (title, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank details, credit card number) are stored lawfully and as specified by the applicable data protection provisions. Your data will, of course, be treated confidentially.
C. Data processing and use
- Your personal data will be used, first and foremost, to perform the agreements concluded between you and us, such as delivering products to the address provided by you. Furthermore, your data may be used for purposes of internal marketing research or designing our product line to meet our customers' needs, as well as for sending e-mails containing information about our product line. You may also use our Website anonymously or under a pseudonym where this is technically possible and reasonable. Your data will be transferred to Switzerland, where it will be stored safely.
- For purposes of delivering goods and processing payments, we transmit the necessary data to logistics companies and payment service providers. These service providers are carefully selected. They are also obligated to treat your data confidentially and to use them exclusively for purposes of making deliveries or processing payments, as applicable.
- For purposes of market research and to design our product line in a goal-oriented manner so as to meet our customers' needs on all our sales channels, your data, which have been collected via several different communications channels and systems for mail order, over-the-counter trade and online trade, will be merged into a centralised electronic customer database, analysed and used for marketing campaigns. You may object to the use of your data for market research purposes at any time.
- Furthermore, unless this Data Protection Policy specifies otherwise, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if we are authorised or obligated to do this based on legal provisions or official or court orders or if you have given us your express consent to do this.
- In this section, the term "our product line" refers to both the product line of Mammut Sports Group AG and the product line of affiliates of Mammut Sports Group AG. Likewise, the term "market research" refers to market research conducted both for Mammut Sports Group AG and for affiliates of Mammut Sports Group AG.
D. Identity and credit check
- If we are required to provide our service in advance, for example, in case of a purchase on account, we may carry out a credit check with a credit agency in order to uphold our justified interests on the basis of mathematical and statistical processes, if applicable. To this end, Mammut Sports Group AG will provide certain information to carefully selected service providers. The data transmitted to these companies include, inter alia, your name, postal address, shopping cart, the invoice amount, your customer history (i.e., whether, by the time of the purchase, Mammut Sports Group AG has had positive or negative payment experiences with you), and, if direct debit is used, your bank details and, if necessary, your date of birth. These service providers will verify whether any negative indicators exist regarding your credit and then determine your "score value". The "score value" utilises known empirical values and a mathematical statistical procedure, including the use of postal address data, to predict the risk of potential non-payment.
- By registering for the Mammut Newsletter, you expressly authorise us to use your e-mail ad-dress (including metadata) for internal advertising purposes. You can object to delivery of the newsletter and the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes with prospective effect at any time by clicking on the link included in the newsletter or in the promotional e-mails or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also notify you of this right of objection separately in the e-mail that accompanies our newsletter and in all other promotional e-mails.
G. Web analysis
- This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. („Google“, www.google.com) and Econda Shop Monitor from Econda GmbH (“Econda“, www.econda.de).
- Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyse your use of the Website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this Website is normally transferred to one of Google's servers in the USA and stored there. Note that the local authorities may access these data. Your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other States party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. We thus collect and store data anonymously, from which we create pseudonymous user profiles. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to one of Google's servers in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will utilise this infor-mation on behalf of the operator of this Website to analyse the use of this Website, compile reports on Website activity and to provide its operator with additional services related to the use of the Website and of the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. You can find addi-tional information about data protection at Google here. You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software appropriately; however, please note that, if you do this, you may not be able to use all of this Website's features to the fullest extent.
- You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie regarding your use of the Website (including your IP address) from being recorded and transferred to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin via the following link or by deactivating the Google Analytics Tracking Code.
- To ensure the tailored design and optimum performance of this website, solutions and tech-nologies by econda GmbH (www.econda.de) not only collect and store anonymized data, but also utilize this data to compile usage profiles by means of pseudonyms. Cookies can be used for this purpose which make it possible for an Internet browser to be recognized. With-out the express consent of a visitor, however, usage profiles will not be stored together with data pertaining to the pseudonymous visitor. IP addresses, in particular, are rendered indeci-pherable immediately after receipt, which makes it impossible to match a usage profile with an IP address. Visitors to this website can opt out here - at any time - of the collecting and storing of their data.” (Note: As regards opting out, please refer to the following link: http://www.econda.com/econda/company/data-protection/revocation-of-data-storage/)
H. Use of social plugins
- If you call up a page on our Website that contains one of these social plugins, a direct connection to the provider's computer will be set up via your computer's browser. The plugin's content is transferred by the provider directly to your computer and integrated into the web page by your browser. The provider thereby receives notification that you have called up the relevant Mammut Website. If you are simultaneously logged on to the respective provider, this provider may also add your visit to your profile. If you interact with the plugins by, e.g., pressing on a Like button or posting a comment, the corresponding information is sent by your browser directly to the provider and stored there. If that process is prevented, you have to log off the provider of the social plugin before visiting our Website. However, this does not rule out the possibility that the providers of a social plugin will collect data anonymously and set a cookie on your computer as soon as you log in via that plugin. The data collected in this manner may subsequently be added to your profile as soon as you log on to the provider. If you want to prevent this, you can activate the option "Block cookies from third-party providers" in your browser settings. In case of integrated content, your browser will then not send any cookies to the server. However, if you select this setting, other features of our Website may no longer function.
I. Data security
- Your payment data are protected in the course of transmission to our servers by using SSL security procedures (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with 256-bit encryption. You can check the security of the connection using the information in your browser's URL display. If the start of the address line changes from "http" to "https", the connection is secure.
- Furthermore, all service providers used for purposes of processing payments are PCI-DSS certified (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). By complying with the PCI Data Security Standards, they fulfil the most stringent requirements of e-Commerce industry standards. More information about this is available, for instance, at www.pcisecuritystandards.org.
J. Right to information, correction, blocking or deletion, etc.
- Under the applicable data protection provisions, you have the right to obtain information free of charge regarding your stored data, and, if applicable, the right to the correction, blocking or deletion of these data.
- Should you have any additional questions concerning data protection and the processing of your personal data, in the event of disclosure or if you wish to exercise your right to correction, blocking or deletion or to revoke a consent, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Of course, you may also use the contact details provided in the Legal Information section of our Website or the contact forms provided on the Website and in the Online Shop. Mammut will process and use the information provided by you exclusively for purposes of handling your request.
- Mammut Sports Group AG reserves the right to amend this Data Protection Policy from time to time. We will notify you in good time before any change or addition and, if necessary, obtain your consent to the changed processing or use of your personal data.
Register now for exclusive news!